Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rant Alert

I've had a thought- not very original but here goes: "Blogger- for when your rant won't fit onto Twitter!"
I don't mean to use this place solely as a soapbox from which to complain and shout about the injustices of the world at large or my job in particular. It's just a relatively safe forum in which to do so, when I need to. So the topic of this rant is technology and chits.
In the olden days, you filled out chits by hand. For obvious reasons I'm glad we don't have to do that any more. Many trees died some pretty needless deaths as a result of that. Then we progressed to Adobe and had chits you could fill out and then print off and route to your respective people. One shot, one kill. If you forgot to put down something important, you'd have to do it all over again. Oh well. You'd use another piece of paper and deforest some more rainforest. Now, we have an improvement! It's a difficult to navigate, hella confusing, poorly laid out improvement! We all hate it! I think everyone on up to the highest levels hates this. It's as though the people who designed it never tested it, they just threw it together while drunk and at three AM and called it good!
Okay, no more ranting, end rant here.

On a more positive note, I'm getting caught up on my novel. On a less positive note, as we all start finding different extracurricular things to do, our carpool may be drifting apart. It happens. It was nice while it lasted. Who knows, it might still last a while?

No comments: