Thursday, August 5, 2010

Navy Heritage/Pride/Show-Up-In-Whites Day...

Huh?
I'm confused. My handful of readers (probably only one) is probably not surprised. I've been confused a lot of late. I don't get it... I'm in a div. that does outdoor work A Lot. And when it's not outdoors, it's cleaning. Blech. So, having us all wear whites tomorrow (except for five poor people who are still stuck cleaning) means what exactly? A half-day? I'll take a half day. But I'm not sure what that has to do with Navy Heritage or Pride. Or why everything is about Pride these days. I mean, Pride and Professionalism? I know we're supposed to take Pride in the proper wear of uniforms and all that, I don't know why we don't just call it something else.
Now for some completely unrelated stuff.
-I haven't packed a lunch once this week. This is reaching crisis proportions because today I spent 11 dollars on lunch at Panera. It was delicious so I don't really have regrets, I'm just saying. Usually I spend about five at Tacobell. I wish they had a subway on base... sigh.
-I eat really bad for me crap on PT days because I reason that I've already burned a lot of calories so I should replace them. I don't think it works the way I want it to.
-My AugWriMo is progressing. That's about all I can say for it. Right now I'm a little annoyed to find that culturally the hill people are resembling some real world hill people that I don't like. I mean, I planned for the baddies to resemble certain baddies in real life, but the hill people were supposed to be annoyingly neutral- not unlike certain places at all, I guess. Whatever.
-I want a bagel. Now. And a beer. But I'm not going to have either. I'm going to be good and go clean... after all have company coming tomorrow.

No comments: