Thursday, August 5, 2010

Here a chief, there a chief, everywhere a chief-chief...

Ack. So I feel stupid but I think I can blame it on the near-heatstroke.
Today I had to do lots of stuff at the annoying place. Actually I didn't even have that much I had to do, but it took a REALLY long time. I was supposed to get a ride back with some guys instead of having to walk back across base. I got abandoned though. I was pretty pissed too, especially since it took me a while to figure this out because I didn't have my phone on me and couldn't call them to see where the hell they were. So after waiting about twenty minutes, I gave up and hiked back across base. Ft. SINYF is not like Sunny Point. Sunny Point was built on a fairly impressive hill but everything isn't that far away- it's just UP. On Ft. SINYF, everything is far apart. I feel for the Army newbs. Their life must really suck...
Anyway, I managed to get across base without dying of heatstroke only to present a copy of my Very Important Chit to the wrong Chief...
I should have realised there was something wrong when I saw that he was a chief not a senior chief. And I should have realized I was in the wrong building. Should have. Didn't. I blame the heatstroke. After profuse apologies, I made my escape. I really hope that chief doesn't remember I was also the idiot who turned up at oh-dark-thirty, hella early for a weigh in... I guess none of it is a very big deal. I mean, I wasted less than a minute of his time.
It's just I hate feeling stupid. I hate not knowing who I'm supposed to talk to or why.
I'd like to add in my own defence here that I was told to give this VIC to this senior RIGHT AFTER the run at morning PT. In my humble opinion, I think I did good remembering anything at all. It's usually all a blur until I get some water and walk around for a bit. Oh- I found a way to beat the morning run blues too! If it's at-your-own-pace, skip the five minute break and just start rolling. It's very psychologically satisfying to not be the dead-last person sometimes, and to not hold up the works. And to think for a few dizzy seconds that you managed to run the whole damn two miles and change in 16.__. In reality it was like 21 something. But that's not bad. And I got further without stopping this time than I did last time. Got all the way to the second corner! My goal for Saturday morning or Sunday evening is to the Fitness center!

No comments: