Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wikipedia Random Article...

is reading my mind and it is kind of creepy.
But it's kind of nice too, that the random article feature even exists. I use it frequently on breaks between classes. I rarely feel like I have time to dash over to the coffee shop -even though I could probably get away with it- and the coffee shop is the only place near enough that I could even hope to get to on a break. I think I need to start bringing a non-class-related book to read over the breaks, because my poor little brain is shrivelling. It's soo unhappy right now. I can see why a lot of my more senior colleagues have taken to drinking. But wikipedia random article is sustaining me for now. I've learned all kinds of useless things about many places and things, and even people sometimes. I have read about sports teams, a monument in China, Olympic athletes, bugs, inventors, my former area of expertise (FAE) and many, many more things.
Most of it is completely useless. All of it is random, so if anyone's taking note, they are going to think that I am very, very strange.

I wish I had more interesting things to talk about, especially because I think I might actually have a readership right now. But whatever. Got a visitor coming from Savannah today- not getting here until five. Not sure what we're going to do this evening. Whole thing's a bit awkward.

Test on Monday- argh. Looking forward to the holiday weekend, will probably go to the command T-day party and then help bring food to the people who are standing the watch.

No comments: