Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It figures

So we have a command run today to commemorate the fallen. I hate command runs with a passion, even ones that happen for causes more worthy than 'Because I said so'. Oh well. I was totally resigned to the fact that I would have to drag my stupid body over three miles at something like speed at an ungodly hour. Until I woke up at five twenty with the cold shivers.
Oh yes.
Mandatory flu shots happened less than a week ago. So I now have the cold shivers, the sore throat, the achy limbs, other less mentionable symptoms and no appointment. Because at 0615 all the appointments are gone already. Yay, free healthcare.
It remains to be seen if my chain of command decides to take mercy on me. Because if not I guarantee this will be one time that I'm not falling out due to shin splints.
Details to follow.

No comments: